- This event has passed.
Rae Rae Trust Race Night At The Herald Snooker Club
28th April 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Love the horses? Even if you don’t you will have a great time at the Rae Rae Trust Race night which is being held at the Herald Snooker Club on 28th April 2018 from 19:00pm.
First Race 19:30
What & Where is Race Night?
This is virtual horse racing, so no need to be at the race track getting cold and wet. Everyone will be in the Herald Snooker Club.
How Does Race Night Work?
(1) The rules of the night will be there are 8 races, each race will need a person or company to sponsor with a £20 donation (Trustees will be asking people prior to the event – or if you would like to sponsor a race or horse then please do get in touch from here).
(2) In each race there are 8 horses and we also need people to become an owner of the horse by sponsoring a £5 donation (Trustees will be asking people prior to the event). The winning owner of each race will receive a bottle of wine as their prize (So worth being an owner).
(3) On the night for each race you can place your bets on the horses at £1 per bet. 50% of the total bet money taken is split as winnings to the people that backed the winning horse, the other 50% is donated to the Rae Rae Trust.
(4) The evening will also include a Tombola (you can donate a prize) and other games. Families are more than welcome to come but only over 18s are allowed to place the bets.
(5) The final race of the evening (race 8) the horses are auctioned off on the night and the funds raised are split 50/50 between the Rae Rae Trust and the winning owner.
Get in Touch & Enjoy the Evening
This will be a really fun evening and if you would like to sponsor a horse, race or just attend the event then please do get in touch.
Summary of How You Can Get Involved
(1) Come to the Event
(2) Sponsor a Race (£20 – Please contact us to sponsor a Race 8 available)
(3) Sponsor a Horse (£5 – please contact us to sponsor a horse 56 available)
Please come and support our event helping to put smiles back on little faces