- This event has passed.
Rae Rae Trust Race Night at the Axe & Compass Pub
28th November 2015 @ 7:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Fun, Fun and More Fun!
Love the horses? Even if you don’t you will have a great time at the Rae Rae Trust Race night which is being held at the Axe & Compass pub on November 28th 2015 from 19:00pm.
**MAKE SURE YOU CONTACT US SPACES LIMITED TO 60 PEOPLE – EMAIL OR PHONE**
What & Where is Race Night?
This is virtual horse racing, so no need to be at the race track getting cold and wet. Everyone will be in the Axe & Compass Pub which have kindly donated a function room and buffet for the event.
How Does Race Night Work?
(1) The rules of the night will be there are 8 races, each race will need a person or company to sponsor with a £20 donation (Trustees will be asking people prior to the event – or if you would like to sponsor a race or horse then please do get in touch from here).
(2) In each race there are 8 horses and we also need people to become an owner of the horse by sponsoring a £5 donation (Trustees will be asking people prior to the event). The winning owner of each race will receive a bottle of wine as their prize (So worth being an owner).
(3) On the night for each race you can place your bets on the horses at 50p per bet. 50% of the total bet money taken is split as winnings to the people that backed the winning horse, the other 50% is donated to the Rae Rae Trust.
(4) The evening will also include a raffle (you can donate a prize) and other games. Families are more than welcome to come but only over 18s are allowed to place the bets.
(5) The final race of the evening (race 8) the horses are auctioned off on the night and the funds raised are split 50/50 between the Rae Rae Trust and the winning owner.
Get in Touch & Enjoy the Evening
This will be a really fun evening and if you would like to sponsor a horse, race or just attend the event then please do get in touch.
Summary of How You Can Get Involved
(1) Come to the Event (Please Get in Touch)
(2) Sponsor a Race (£20 – Optional)
(3) Sponsor a Horse (£5 – Optional)
(4) Spaces Limited to 60 People (Let us know early if you want to come as this will be a very popular event)